Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Bees vs. Yellow jackets....

Personally WHO CARES WHAT YOU CALL THEM!!!! They creep me out, and hurt when they bite or sting! We have had the 3rd one in our house that I killed today...and not because I wanted to kill it (I was actually freaking out! I called James like 17 times...I started thinking of places I could go to wait it out...you know see if it would die on its own!) Well, anywho, apparently we had some wasp and hornet spray that said "Kills bees and yellow jackets INSTANTLY" somehow that word haunted me...what if on a freak chance it didn't kill it instantly and instead would start chasing me around the house where my kids were?! Not to mention the fact that Ben was screaming his head off 'cause it was six o'clock and that's his dinner time! (Did I mention that the first time we had a yellow jacket in the house it stung him...?! Yea, I was pissed!) Ahhh, it was crazy. But, I finally got the guts up and sprayed it (for like an hour!) and when it fell into the window sill I sprayed it even more...(I was not taking that instantly!)
So, I killed the yellow jacket or bee or whatever and hopefully its friends won't come and find me tomorrow... :-) But at least James will be home then and he'll be able to fight them off, while I go somewhere else with the kids!

1 comment:

  1. Our place in Pennsylvania had wasps that lived under the front porch. I always made Brian spray them because I was terrified that they'd come after me.

    ReplyDelete