Monday, January 4, 2010

New Year...New Church?

So, Sunday the girls and I attended Mass at Holy Trinity. I'm not sure if it was just 'cause it was the beginning of the new year or...but the church was packed...people had to stand out in the vestibule because there was no more standing room inside the church. This made me especially happy since I arrived 15 minutes early! (Wow, first time I've been on time in a long time!! I was proud of myself!) Anywho, the funny thing about the Deacon's sermon was that it was about priorities. I was so surprised, that I almost laughed out loud when he started! How appropriate for me! I was very excited because it seemed to me that he was speaking JUST to me!
Anyway, it was a relief for me to be back "home". But you know when you've been away from home for a while and then you go back you realize that it is not exactly the same as when you left. Well, this was the same thing. It was very different. Although, I do have to give the choir "props" they sounded great! It will take some getting used to- but it feels good to be home.
And just to clear things up- while I was "away" things were great. But when you are used to things being the same way for 22 years- it's hard to except change.
Prioritizing, is not going to be the easiest thing. But I am certainly going to work very hard at it!
Thanks for the support!

No comments:

Post a Comment