Thursday, July 9, 2009

Mama's gotta a new car!!! Part 1

...Ok, not really a new car...but MY car is finally finished! New engine and all!

For those of you that don't know the story:



Back in February, Tuesday February 17th to be exact (don't ask how I remember that it's embarassing!) Angela and I ventured out to Target around 7pm. I started the car, and it sounded a little funny, but nothing that was alarming 'cause it was vibrating pretty bad once you'd start every once in a while and once you start driving it goes away. Anyway, so I started the car and it sounded funny but I thought nothing of, thinking it would go away after I hit the gas a bit. Well, it certainly did not. Instead of heading home I continued on to Target...praying and hoping that this horrible sound now was going to go away...well it didn't, in fact...it got a bit worse. It sounded like it was going crap out on me in the middle of an intersection on T.V highway. I was so nervous, but at this point I was closer to Target than home so I continued on and parked. Now, you're probably thinking...why didn't you call James or have him come listen to it to figure out what was going on...HA! I did do that...however, I had to do it over 1,000 miles away. Yea, that's right he was in Idaho...So, I call him and let him "try" and listen to the car...I had the hood up, am on the phone in the parking lot, I have my 4 year old still in the car when I see an Angel! I quickly told James that I had to go and dashed across the parking lot...there 2 parking spots across the lot is one of my co-workers and her HUSBAND! I very desperatley ask if he can lend a hand and help me maybe figure out what I should do with my car. So, he comes and listens and isn't really sure what I should do but suggests something simple and something that I could buy at Target. He even talked to my hubby, who I had to call back and explain why I had hung up so abruptly! So, I purchase what he thinks I need to make the car stop making this horendous noise and proceed to put it in my car. By the way I had like 5 people ask if I needed any help...as I was a woman, pregnant, hysterical, with a 4 year old and, did I already mention hysterical?! I was freaking out! After my great attempt failed I called James back who told me to call my father'n'law and ask him if he could come out and take a look at the car.

So, I call very desperate for anything and of course, he's practically out the door and on his way before I say anything more.

In the mean time I call my parents('cause they have AAA) to ask if *key word* IF (ok, so I was being really optimistic) I needed to be towed if they could call AAA for m and drive me home. Of course they say yes I just need to tell them when!

Anywho, so my Father'n'law shows up, I start the car, and then he looks at me with the most saddened depressed look EVER...shoot this can't be good news...yea, it wasn't good news...in fact it was worse news then I was anticipating...(so I was only being half optimistic before...) His, advice without taking anything apart, tow the car home...'cause my engine is DEAD. Of course I'm thinking ok...how do we fix it...his answer..."Buy a new engine..." GULP

I wanted to scream!

To be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment