Monday, June 15, 2009

Back in the days...


So, yesterday we celebrated Angela's 5th birthday at Skate World. Everyone that was able to make it seemed to have a great time! Some of Angela's friends were able to come,but only a few actually enjoyed skating! I feel very lucky to have the children that God blessed us with. They are eager and willing to try new things. Although, this was Angela's second time roller skating...and it had been since December that she had done it last, she was still very exciting to watch. She did a great job! Tatyana also did really well. She started off slow, on her own roller blades! But by the end of the day she was cruising faster and had backed off from the wall!!

I have to tell you...not much has changed since Middle School...(one of the last times I had ever been to a Skate World for pleasure) The outside of every Skate World looks the same from a far...abandoned...don't let this fool you. Most of the people that are at the skating rink can't acutally drive themselves-they get dropped off by mom or dad!
When you first walk in the bright 60s retro design on the carpet will have your head spinning you won't know down from up! They have the ghetto ticket booth with the glass that has those stupid holes through it where you can only hear if you put your ear up to it AND you watch the persons lips move while they are talking...not an easy task my friend! As you make your way, with your skate rental ticket in hand, you enter the yellow frosted glass doors into the...

Okay, I obviously suck at this...it's 12:51 am and I never finished...I got too busy...so I promise I'll finish...well later today!

No comments:

Post a Comment