Tuesday, June 30, 2009

RENT!!!


So, as my "giving birth to our son" present my husband bought my ticket to RENT! I went with Stef and her sister Laura and we had a blast!
Now, I have been listening to RENT since my freshman year in highschool and I've seen the show once before when they came to Portland! But this time was different...not only was it starring two of the original cast members, it was with two of my favorite original cast members! Anthony Rapp and Adam Pascal!
When the show started it was AMAZING! I felt like I had to keep pinching myself, I have been listening to their voices on my cd for 13 years. It was surreal to hear AND SEE them at the same time! But the whole time I was thinking...oh man, the show is almost over... :-( I would never hear and see them perform as Mark and Roger AGAIN :-(
The show was amazing entirely! Afterwards, we went out to the stage door (where tons of other women were waiting for the actors to leave!) needless to say I got Anthony Rapp's autograph and snapped a picture of him!!! After waiting for like 20 more minutes and no sign of Adam we decided to leave. I was really bummed that he didn't come out while we were there. After hearing stories from few other people who saw the show before and after us they never saw Adam either...apparently he's a diva...well he missed quite a greeting!
All in all , AMAZING SHOW!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment