Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Slow down...please?


So, as of June 25th my son Bentley is 2 months old...I wish I could say that I am excited...but to be honest, I'm actually sad that time is going by so fast :-(
On Friday he had his 2 month check up...so now he is 11lbs 4oz and 22 1/4" long...AHHHH, he's so big compared to his 7lbs and 20.5" long at birth!
Bentley has come a long way! He was very sick when he was first born and spent 8 days in the NICU. Today, he is a very healthy boy with a great set of lungs! He is getting more on a regular feeding schedule which is fabulous! I love breastfeeding...it is so easy and natural! It also means that I am "on call" all of the time...which I really don't mind, it just gets very demanding. Especially the older he gets...'cause we're not exactly sure how much he is eating...so when I was out seeing RENT the other night James calls in a panic (the breastmilk wasn't defrosting fast enough for my hungry boy!) So, I had to come home right after the show...it is nice to also have someone so dependent on you.
Anyway, I'm looking forward to seeing the new things he will be doing...but I'm also in no hurry! Life just needs to slow down...

No comments:

Post a Comment